Prone Prone

I Dont get it... sounds more like a looped background... has no bridges, melody, harmony, and its low... its not what i would generally call dubstep because its full of bass and while you have wobbles it sets an ambient industry kinda feel. kinda dark. whatever you do i suggest listening to a variety of artists and try to copy them and then when you master their works go off on your own

Skaterolly responds:

Fuck loops :P.

xKore - Evil As (WIP) xKore - Evil As (WIP)

...... SPEECHLESS

ive listened to almost all of your dubstep pieces and this by far has the new feel that ive been looking for in dubstep. as i sit here listening to the piece over and over as i write this i get more anticipated to hear the full thing... this sounds like it should come along great.
Honestly
-_DJ-TomE

Dirty Little Monster (DnB) Dirty Little Monster (DnB)

4 letters 1 word

dull.............. i dont know man but this sounds like a background and there should be some other melody playing

LeeAsher responds:

like the vocals that will be added (as described above) perhaps?

DJ W!peout - Chilling Breeze DJ W!peout - Chilling Breeze

im your critic

use different kind of instrument in the begining build up it needs a nice lasting effect like a long tone withe huge accents so the feel of the rest of the song isn't different. the main tune isnt bad but i really like it at 52 with the slow down but a song like this needs especially this long needs less repeating and instead of multiple sections needs one long slower section an a mid build like at 1 44 which is perfectly placed. the drums dont feel toned enough. listen to any real market songs with crazy drums for ideas. i myself being a drummer already have ideas. effects aren't everything. the notes and the amount of echo used at 3 34 could have been manipulated better for better feel and sound. the end isn't strong though. a fade out is what people not creative enough use as an escape from thinking. even with one track playing at once there could be a strong finish. a song thats long also needs a creative finish to lock people in giving you 5 of 5 0r 10 of 10. nice 8 score from me. don't expect you to read all of this.

-DJ-TomE

Downtown Rollin Downtown Rollin

the beats are just not supportive.

something with different beats but the same instrument cant get a good rap. experimenting isnt good when your only experimenting with a couple instruments. experiment using complicated synths having it sound mediocre or average and have it get a 5 instead of 3 out of ten. experimenting is just another way of saying judge this critically to help me find new experiments.

-TomE

p.s. ALL my songs are experiments.

kumac responds:

ight thanks for the tip much respect

Orchestrated_Doom [Box-Killa] Orchestrated_Doom [Box-Killa]

great

the opener grabbed my attention greatly. thats what you want and i liked :52 but there could at least be an added background before that and each section just seems so long with to many repeats. i understand what mood your trying for for this mood you need more melodies. this song though is more suited in a game than as a musical piece.

p.s. d.k. will kick YOUR ass :P

Box-Killa responds:

Well considering it is FROM DK, and it is a boss battle song, well it is designed for a game. It deffinately doesnt sound like this though, you probably wont even recognise it if u heard it :D Peace man, thanks for the review.

Endless Orb Endless Orb

lacks suspense

sure you have a bass chorus a melody a beat and special effects but the song has those same things through out the whole song. the only part that deserves credit is the part at 3:15. if your going to make it a 5 minute song i understand why youd use fill-ins but sadly those do nothing but make your song longer. listen to songs on this website (one person in particular which i cant quite remember uses 10 tracks in almost every part of his song the puts it down to for the key word.... suspense. those 4 periods even resemble more suspense than this song. no hard feelings but dont be lazy with fill ins. 10 tracks is hard to do but 5 of them where all backgrounds as a supportive branch. hope this helps you. i would like to see a redone version of this 10x better

veteranpie responds:

Well i don't think i was to lazy. i just was trying to get a long song. but if you listen closely you find that there not a same part in the whole song that is more that 9 sec long.

Forming Anesthetic Forming Anesthetic

hey

i use garage band too and while ur better than me i still think ur drums could be 20 times better cmon an u know it. do u make ur own synths or use premade ones

lidlurch responds:

i use premade ones, but i would use my own if my comp didn't run so slow when i did

The Night Is Swollen Preview The Night Is Swollen Preview

your songs arent bad either

hmn quiet but good not sure if u hit off key for any reason but its fine by me

SourPuddle responds:

Huh, PM me at what time I hit off key.

Upheaval - GF2+ATAD Upheaval - GF2+ATAD

Wtf

Liked the song great work but uuuhhhhh whats with the extra 3 minutes of song at the end the blankness?

astheashesdecay responds:

I have no idea.... it wasnt like that before i exported it...

Thanks anyway :)